It’s been a year of growth for Conscious Capitalism of Central Maryland. Here are some of our 2019 highlights:
- Hosted authors Bob Anderson and Bill Adams who presented a webinar on their book, Scaling Leadership: Building Organizational Capability and Capacity to Create Outcomes that Matter Most.
- Presented Conscious Capitalism to the Howard County Public Schools Academy of Finance
- Presented at the Institute for Transformational Leadership Network Conference: Coach to Expand Consciousness in Business and Leadership and highlighting two local C3MD organizations and their leaders: Mobern Lighting and Indigo Ink.
- Received the results of the Leadership Howard County Premier 2019 program’s Community Impact Project team.
- Welcomed five new members to the Leadership Team.
- Piloted our first partnership between Moomaw PEP and Conscious Capitalism named the Conscious Collaboratory for C-suite level leaders which involved five in-person meetings and deeper conversations around conscious leadership and conscious culture.
- Participated in strategic conversations with the Greater Baltimore Better Business Bureau.
- Hosted two storytelling workshops to help leaders and community members prepare for Ignite Howard County.
- Participated as a Judge of the Greater Baltimore Better Business Bureau Spark Awards
- Organized a Ignite Howard County #5 hosting 11 speakers and a sold-out crowd at Jailbreak Brewing and donating $500 to Foreign-Born Information and Referral Network (FIRN).
- Took part in the inaugural event hosting Raj Sisodia, author of The Healing Organization, for Conscious Capitalism of Washington DC.
Here’s what to look forward to in 2020 so far:
- An interview for a podcast about Conscious Capitalism
- Begin part of Startup Grind Columbia fireside chat with members of the Collaboratory
- Partnering with Moomaw PEP and the Conscious Collaboratory to deepen learning for C-suite level leaders around conscious leadership and conscious culture. Seeking to welcome a scholarship member to join this C-suite level leaders group. Please send connection recommendations to email@example.com.
- Hosting Hosting Ignite Howard County #6 on October 19, 2020 at Jailbreak Brewing Company. Speaker applications are now open – apply! Note: we help our speakers prepare through workshops and dry runs so you will have support.
- We’re looking to build our membership base and increase partnership opportunities with organizations looking to expand their communities.
- What do you need to continue your growth as a conscious capitalist?
- What would you like to see added to this list?
Come join us!
We’re continuing to connect and build community. You can join and participate by supporting us by becoming a supporting member and volunteering to be an active member of our leadership team. We focus on building our organization from the inside out as we focus on conscious leadership and conscious culture both inside and beyond our organization.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or questions.
We will be renewing memberships on January 30, 2020 and welcome your support for our organization as we continue to expand our positive impact. We seek to partner with other organizations in our local community to leverage the ability of businesses to create positive impact in our communities.
—Wendy Moomaw, executive director